Tuesday, July 10, 2012

From pacifier holders to birthday prep...

Ok, so once again I'm up late making Disney theme universal pacifier holders. On top of my new hot item to my baby boutique I'm getting my etsy up and going so my MouseWait friends/family and others can find and purchase them more easily. On a different note I learned how to make my own Birthday Banner!!! Just a helping DIY if you need to make one... All you need is 13 sheets of card stock for base circles, 7 sheets decorative paper, 4 sheets of contrasting plain paper and 4 sheets of any color for your lettering. You will need 3 bowls I did a 6 1/2-inch, 5-inch, 4-inch for my circles, pencil to trace your pattern, decorative scissors, hole punch, regular craft glue, and thin ribbon to string it all together and hang. It's really simple I printed out 4 in. Lettering cut and traced it on my good paper then cut out my letters. I then used the bowls to trace and cut 13 circles each size out. As the bowl got smaller I was able to use less paper. I cut all three sizes of circles using decorative scissors which took some time so be patient at this part. After cutting everything I used regular Elmer's glue cause that is what I had around the house. Try to brush it on in a thin layer or smooth it over so it doesn't get to wet and mess up your papers. When layering I just eyed it to the center of each circle and same with the letters. After letting everything dry completely I used the hole punch and put two holes up at the top of each circle then ran my ribbon through it. I used another contrasting color ribbon with it to decorate it with a knot or bow between each letter to keep the letters spaced out and where they should be this keeps your letters from bunching in the center when hung up. Oh I also tied a loop at each end so it can easily be tacked up. That's it! Loved the way it came out for my first time making a banner loved it!!! Hope this helps anyone trying a DIY banner or like me a theme that doesn't have any party supplies to.

2 comments: